Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov: I want to win 19th league title for Sir Alex Ferguson



Bulgarian aiming to score another 20 goals by the end of the season

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has declared that he wants to win what would be the club's 19th title for manager Sir Alex Ferguson.


"Winning the 19th league title is very important at Manchester United," he told FourFourTwo.

"I'd love to do that for the manager, who's been here almost 25 years, as well as my team-mates and the fans."

The Bulgarian, who has 19 league goals so far this season, sat out most of Saturday's Manchester derby, but is still delighted with the way this season is going on a personal level, as well as for the club.

"Everything's going well for me this season and if we can win the title it will be even better," he added.

"That's my main wish. If, in May, we've won the title and I'm there to lift it, then it would 

be a personal best for me."





The former Tottenham man claimed that, if United do well in all competitions, he is looking to double his goal tally by the end of the season.

He said: "We still have a lot of games left in the league, as well as matches in the FA Cup and the Champions League.

"We want to reach the final in both those competitions, so that gives me plenty of time.

"My ambitions have always been high, so I'll try and score another 20 by the end."


No comments:

Post a Comment